I had clinicals on Monday for nursing school and we are rotating through Labor and Delivery. It was a lot of fun! I got to see my first vaginal birth. I have not seen that before and it was wwwaaay disgusting. I loved every minute of it, because I got to help coach the mother in her labor, monitor her progress, and help take care of the baby afterwards. My first birth of the day was a lady who had four children and she was not having a hard labor at all. She pushed maybe twice or three times and the baby plopped right out. But my second birth was a first time mom and the experience between those two births was traumatic. This young girl had a more difficult time than the first. She did not have any laboring classes, nothing. She had no clue what she was doing. So I got to be involved a lot more in her care than the first one because their was more to do.
The emotional part of the birth was great, because afterwards the mother didn't care what she just went through once she saw that little baby. It was well worth it. I thought I was strong but during that birth my eyes started to swell up with tears along side her husband and her mother (first grandchild).
I would love to see another birth of a baby. It is fun to see how your schooling comes together in real life situations.
Love It!!!
Logan: 6.19.2023. Well, I'm not dead, yet...
3 years ago



2 comments:
that is so neat Steph. I would love to see one too. I mean obviouslly I have had 2 kids but I have not ever been able to watch any of them actually come out. Hopefully someday. I love you and hope that you have a great day!
Wow, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've never experienced someone elses birth, just my own kids. I imagine it would be pretty interesting from the nurses end of things.
Post a Comment