I started my first clinical rotation this last Thursday for Psychology. I was assigned to a Psych Hospital/School for children. This first day of clinicals I was so scared about because I did not know what to expect. I came to find out that this place is a male facility and most of them are sex offenders. As a girl this scared me, but I was so supprised how easy it was to talk to them and play card games with them without being scared. My oppinion of this type of group was way off, I thought they would look really rough. No, they look like they could be the son of your next door neihbor. This place really made me open my eyes to the world and see more than I have seen before. This experience will be great, because I will learn a lot about the life these young men had to go through.
Having this experience has made me think of Heavenly Fathers plan for us in this world. I am greatful that we can repent and live with Him again. I hope some of these kids will be able to make it back to the path that is set for us.
Logan: 6.19.2023. Well, I'm not dead, yet...
3 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment